Type of meat required: Minced round steak
The Kerrigan’s minced round steak is a taste sensation, due to its deep flavour. Minced round steak is a great source of protein and has an abundance of nutrients such as zinc, vitamin B12, selenium and phosphorous that will help you to build a nutrient rich diet. This meatloaf recipe has been passed through the healthpro: Nutrition and Exercise Specialists community and has always received great reviews and what’s even better it takes about 15 minutes to prepare!
We do hope you enjoy,
Consultant Dietitian, healthpro
This recipe is great for: Evening Meals, Lunches and Snacks
- 500g Round Mince
- Wholemeal Breadcrumbs (if you are a coeliac then do use a gluten free bread instead).
- 60g Onion (finely chopped)
- 120g Carrot (grated or finely chopped)
- 20g Pasatta (tomato sauce)
- 20g Flat leaf Parsley (freshly chopped)
- 1 egg (60g) beaten
- 50g BBQ Sauce
- 6g Garlic (2 cloves grated)
- 1g Pepper, black
- 2 g bay leaves
- 85 g dried cranberries
- 1 L hot beef stock
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place mince, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, carrot, tomato sauce (pasatta), parsley and egg in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Using clean hands, mix until well combined.
2. Shape mince into a 10cm x 18cm rectangle or a loaf tin. Place on prepared tray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until firm to touch. Remove from oven. Drain excess fat.
3. Spoon barbecue sauce over top of meatloaf. Return to oven and cook for a further 10 minutes or until top is glazed. Stand on tray for 5 minutes.
Note: To make this tasty meatloaf a balanced meal we strongly recommend serving it alongside some tasty boiled / steamed potatoes (250g per person) and a colourful side salad (100g per person) or with some dark green spinach and fresh broccoli or also don't forget the Kerrigan's Craft Butchers tasty vegetable Mediterranean mix. This meat loaf is perfect for a main meal, great in a lunch box and perfect for a snack.
Allergens Lifestyle and Energy Coding
Contains: Eggs, Gluten, Wheat