Often the crown jewel of the steakhouse menu, a well-prepared rib-eye steak is both tender and flavoursome. An old classic, rib-eye comes, as the name suggests, from the eye of the rib section. The special appeal of the rib-eye cut is a rich marbling of fat throughout, which gives a robust flavour and succulence.
Our rib-eye steaks are aged for a min of 21 days and hand-cut to order, ensuring the highest quality and best taste.
Perfect for cooking on the barbeque, the rib-eye is best served medium to medium-rare to allow the fat to melt, giving an explosion of flavour.
1. Allow steaks to come to room temperature prior to cooking. This will ensure an even cook.
2. Season with sea salt.
3. Your appliance (We recommend to BBQ or Pan Fry for best results) must be brought to searing temperature to deliver that beautiful crust on the outside.
4. Flip regularly particularly during the first cooler phase of cooking. This'll help the steak come to temperature faster and more evenly.
5. Use a thermometer to guarantee perfectly cooked steaks. No other method is as reliable - Core temp 50 rare , 57 medium , 65 well done
6. Let it rest in order to allow muscle fibers to cool down and relax, so that the steak can retain more juices.
Nutritional Information per 100g
|Total Fat||10.5 g||Potassium||296 mg|
|Saturated||4.2 g||Total Carbs||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated||0.5 g||Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Monounsaturated||4.8 g||Sugars||0 g|
|Trans||0.5 g||Protein||28 g|
|Vitamin A||0%||Calcium||7 mg|
|Vitamin C||0%||Iron||2.5 mg|